What exactly is an autoresponder? An autoresponder is an automated email program that responds to an incoming email with a message written by you. The message can be written once and loaded in the autoresponder and forgotten about. It’s as easy as that.
Some Uses for Autoresponders
1. Use autoresponders as an immediate acknowledgement to those who send you information. Let the recipient know that you have received their message and when to expect a reply.
2. Create a FAQ document to answer commonly asked questions about your product or service. Use the familiar question and answer format.
3. Collect names and email addresses by using a capture form. This allows you to build a list and as marketers keep saying, lists lead to repeat sales.
4. Make all your articles and newsletters available via autoresponder.
5. Offer free reports or e-courses to show your expertise to your customers. This is a great way to capture prospects’ name and email address for future follow-up.
6. If you publish an e-book, put the different chapters or excerpts in your autoresponder.
7. Archive issues of past ezines and put some of the best ones in an autoresponder and let your prospects access them.
Before you send out information via an autoresponder you should always check the content for spam triggers that may prevent your messages being delivered. To have a free check on your emails/messages go to: http://www.merchant-account-service.com/stop_spam_mail.html
If you are not using an autoresponder already you may be losing up to 400% of potential sales. Research shows that autoresponders increase your exposure to your prospects and this increased contact with them leads to higher sales.
Remember if you’re not using an autoresponder and gaining these sales, your competitors will!